Wednesday, February 10, 2016
"remember, man, you are dust, and unto dust you shall return."
that's a very good point to remember! I have not attended ash wednesday mass for more than 10 years already I think! haha i guess this is why everything seems a bit new and fresh to me heh...
Anyway, I really felt that I should record this somewhere, lest I forget this simple but oft-forgotten message! This shall serve as a constant reminder to myself that I am very small, in the grand scheme of things, and that my cares and worries are nothing but little troubles. All I have to do is to make sure I live my life meaningfully, without being too concerned about whatever material possessions or worldly gains I can obtain from this life. Indeed, whether it is a specialist degree, a paper qualification, loads of money, or whatever that I think may make me happy now, all these will become worthless when I eventually turn to dust one day, unless I am able to use them meaningfully during the time I spend here on this earth.
I might not actually have figured out the purpose of my existence yet, or the role that I am meant to play in this life, but at least, I feel better reminding myself that all these little troubles that plague me are just really tiny issues, and one day, these too shall pass.